Thursday, October 1, 2009

Marriage-o-girlfriend!


What are these girls up to? I can’t help wondering, marriage invitations are poring in on the dozens. Why is everybody in a hurry? Is something going on without my knowledge? Am I being kept in the dark deliberately? Hmm ... that’s not possible. Why would anyone want that? Hard to say.

But seriously, why the rush? Half the girls in my class have either got married or at least got betrothed. But soothingly enough, not even a single boy of my class is not even a mile near this. He he. Boy am I glad or what?
I am also noticing that most of the alliances are happening with NRIs only. Statistics are really frightening. What is wrong with the local boys? The only good thing is that I now have classmates all over the world. I can go on a trip around the globe without any worry of boarding. Free stay! Man ain’t I lucky?

So, where does that leave me? By the time I want to get married two things can happen – either there won’t be any girl left or being a home-grown local could ruin my chances. From the sounds of it, it is true they say that the future is indeed bleak.

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Ferrari Cars. Powered by Blogger